Our multidimensional academic programs free students from conventional boundaries, allowing them to learn deeply from many perspectives. They can explore courses across our colleges and disciplines and become immersed in multiple areas of learning related to their areas of interest. The benefits of this academic freedom are enormous.At SVIMS we assign each student with an academic advisor, who will function in that capacity until the student formally declares a major. The mission of academic advising at SVIMS is to promote student learning.
Assisted by the academic adviser, the student learns:
- To assess his or her strengths and weaknesses;
- To formulate educational and career goals;
- To plan a course of action to achieve those goals.
- To create career pathways for excellence.
Student’s critical thinking skills are honed as they prototype innovative solutions and receive firsthand experience through internships and project-based learning. Through our rigorous academic approach one goes beyond developing scholarly knowledge to help them to uncover and actualize their passion and vision.
The institute aims to have global standards of quality in all its processes. This is done in order to develop globally competent, socially sensitive and ethically sound managerial talent to lead businesses and organizations. The institute is committed to quality as the guiding principle in its decision making and leadership. SVIMS offers an impressive variety of educational opportunities. A high percentage of our students participate in these, making them an important part of the overall academic experience. These include:
- Opportunities Just Ahead- Our students work closely with professors on meaningful, challenging projects.
- Earn While you Learn- SVIMS supports a diverse variety of summer internships and community service projects around the world; many are eligible for financial support.
- Expertisation Proof - Additional online certification courses like NISM
- Guest Lectures- Students at SVIMS get an opportunity to interact with industry experts from top MNC’s like HUL, Britannia Etc.
- Industry Electives- Over and above the mandatory minimum credits fixed by regulatory authorities, industry experts share their knowledge and form syllabus accordingly. This syllabus enables students to choose from electives like R programming, Advanced Excel for Business, Digital and Social Media Marketing.
- Evidence-Based Investment Experience - Basic fundamentals of Portfolio Management is taught which creates the behavior of a successful investor.